*Automation Engineer Co Cavan -D006329 *
*About Us: *
RecruitmentPlus is an experienced technical engineering recruitment agency working with clients in Dublin and northeast. We are currently recruiting for an experienced *Automation Engineer *based in a manufacturing facility in Co Cavan. *(No international travel) *The Automation Engineer is part of the Engineering Team with responsibility for the design and installation of robust and world class automation systems, and supporting the continued and sustained development and improvement.
*Requirements or Skills: *
* 5 years experience working directly as an Automation Engineer or a Control Systems
* Minimum 3rd Level qualification in Automation (Engineer would be preferred)
* Good communication skills and effective time management.
* Proven experience of working within a change environment.
* Project management skills
* Mechatronics/Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering considered
* Experience supporting PLC, SCADA and HMI systems in a manufacturing background.
* Experience to working with Technical/Electrical drawings and specifications
* Fully Computer literate
* Proven Project electrical engineering skills
*Your main responsibilities will include: *
* Maintain and develop the automation infrastructure on the site in line with automation best practice
* Investigate and root cause any issues regarding automation and put sustainable counter measures in place with a focus on Zero Automation downtime
* Responsible for leading projects and involved in the design, implementation and support of process activities
* Identification and preparation of proposals for Capital Investments to include full costing's and return on investment
* Responsibility for all production process automation and controls systems including the specification and design, programming, simulation and testing, start-up assistance and training
* Provides technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate
* these systems and develop a compliance culture.
* Designs, writes, implements, tests and documents PLC and HMI software.
* Develop networks to identify best practice and fast track efficiency improvements for the rapid development of the automation systems at the site.
* Development of control system validation/testing protocols.
* Specify and purchase process instrumentation, and equipment in accordance with the GIL purchasing policy and in compliance with technical standards
* Develop version control and systems for program/documentation etc
* Manage and support automation projects as identified and assigned
* Installation, testing, and start-up control systems on-site.
* Develop and maintain various databases to assist in a lean system of reporting and tracking of various KPI's.
* Attractive salary on offer
* Holiday 22 days
* Pension- 4% contributing
* 50% health check cover
*Two Heads Are Always Better Than One! *- Introduce a friend to Recruitment Plus and claim your reward- of UP TO €250 referral now! We are always eager to meet new talent and assist them in their job search. Refer a friend and let us assist them in their next career move - and claim your reward for the introduction!
Recruitment Plus is an award winning agency - so you (and your friend) are assured of a quality service.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
*If you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are interested in this position please hit the apply now button above and Zuzana who is based in our Dundalk office will be in contact if you are suitable.*
Unfortunately, Recruitment Plus is not in a position to respond to each individual application due to the high volume of submissions. We will only contact those candidates whose CV matches the criteria for the vacancy. Thank you for your patience.
At RecruitmentPlus, we respect your privacy. Your CV is sent to us in complete confidence and will never be forwarded to a third party without your consent.
*Should you choose to apply for this vacancy - RecruitmentPlus will screen your CV for this vacancy and any other suitable positions of a similar nature.*
Job Type: Full-time
Email me jobs like this