*We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet*
*Who we are*
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are a Swiss company seeking a *DevOps Team Lead* who is an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a "get it done" attitude to join our team. We offer a great life-work balance for a fully remote position anywhere in Ireland. You will lead a team of Azure DevOps Engineers working to improve our infrastructure and processes. You will also collaborate with other areas of the company to facilitate the adoption of the DevOps culture across the organization.
* Oversee, lead and mentor DevOps engineers, maintaining best industry DevOps practices
* Participate in technical research and design of our Cloud solutions guaranteeing high availability, top performance and reliability
* Build and manage CI/CD pipelines for our software development teams
* Automate deployment tasks to improve the delivery of our products
* Collaborate with 16 Software Development teams understanding their requirements and finding solutions for their needs
* Handle more than 200 applications across more than 20 different environments and dozens of different technologies
* Previous team lead experience is preferred but not essential
* Motivational skills, ability to communicate and build relationships on all levels
* Experience with Cloud environments, preferably Azure
* Experience with scripting languages, preferably Powershell
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, preferably Azure DevOps
* Knowledge of systems networking
* Knowledge of docker containers and/or Kubernetes
* Fluency in English (written and spoken)
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
*100% remote working*
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
*Learning and development*
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
_Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives._
Job Type: Full-time
* Monday to Friday
Email me jobs like this