IRC have partnered with a Financial Services Company in Dublin who are looking to hire a Desktop Support Engineer.
* Responsible for the resolution of desktop related incidents in line with appropriate Incident Resolution SLA's and KPI's.
* To provide a high quality and professional IT service with a high level of customer focus.
* Raise/update/close calls in incident/request system which are fully descriptive and reverting immediately to requestor if description is unclear
* Responsible for the creation/update of knowledge articles to ensure that resolutions are of the desired quality, well communicated and approaches are standardised.
* Eyes and hands for the remote Server team on residual server estate
* Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and effective communication, internally and externally.
* Demonstrate a good level of technical capability, knowledge and effective incident resolution skills.
* Carry out compliance and risk assessments on all hardware and VM's
* Ability to prioritise workload.
* Work effectively with other team members within IT Services as a whole and with 3rd Party Suppliers to resolve client issues.
* Driving improvements for more efficient ways of working.
* Recommend new technological solutions.
* Investigate and produce root cause analysis on high impact and high volume issues.
* Follow Processes and Procedures accurately.
* Carry out planned change and upgrade activities.
* To provide on call duties as required by team rota
* Must be a self-starter and willing to learn new things
* Must be reliable and have good attendance
* Any other reasonable request.
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a Desktop Support role or similar.
* Experience of Ghost/SCCM imaging systems
* Understanding of Microsoft client/server infrastructure in particular Active Directory (AD)
* Experience of level 1 and 2 printer/MFD/fax support
* Experience of LANdesk and/or similar remote/compliance support tools
* Strong understanding of Microsoft client operating systems
* Must be organized and able to quickly adapt to new situations and changing priorities
* Must have a good attitude and strong work ethic
* Experience of VMWare tools to include building and maintaining VDI
* Provide level 2 on virtual server environment
* Provide level 1 on network infrastructure
* 24/7 on call
* Managing 3rd party suppliers
* An understanding of ITIL best practices
* Experience of LANdesk and similar remote support tools
* Avaya telephony and call recording systems
* Experience/understanding of Net Backup system and processes
* Wi-Fi enabling capability
* Patching and AV installs
* Server management
* Kofax Scanning maintenance
* DR experience with site telephony/data switches
* Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
If interested please send your CV via the link.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Email me jobs like this