Field Service Engineer
Spector are looking for a smart, experienced, and professional field engineer who will be responsible for the onsite service and support needs for our customers. This role is part technical and part strategic. You will work closely with our internal support teams and account managers to provide a support as well as clearly defined IT roadmaps for our clients.
It requires good experience and offers a wide range of potential in terms of career development – focussing on the technical, communications and management skills that will help develop your career to the next level.
Who is Spector?
Spector was established in 2002 to deliver high-quality rapid response IT services to a market that was hungry for better service. We have always adopted a Win/Win ethos for our staff and clients and truly believe in the power of technology to ignite business success.
Today, our services have evolved to deliver market-leading solutions in cyber security, IT outsourcing and business continuity with a strong focus on IT Risk management.
What is Spector's vision?
While our core product is managing business technology, we believe that people come first. We help protect people and business technology using cutting edge technologies. This allows our clients to nurture their businesses and thrive without the fear of cyber-attack or operational downtime.
Whether it is client staff members with a simple issue or a business-critical issue for a CEO, we put ourselves in the shoes of that person and own that issue until the optimal outcome is achieved. It is this clarity of focus that drives our high client retention rates and attracts the right type of customer to us.
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, MS 365, MS Azure and VMware.
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, MS 365, Azure, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
· Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, Azure Virtual Desktop.
· System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
· Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
· Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
· Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
· Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
· Manage time effectively and enter accurate time sheets.
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Comptia N+, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, Azure Administrator Associate (AZ104), SonicWall, Fortinet, Sophos XG, ConnectWise CCPA, or VMware VCP
· Strong Interpersonal skills: telephone, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
· Degree, preferably in computer science, or a related field.
· 3-5 years of IT experience.
· A full clean Irish driving licence.
· Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
· Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
· Health benefits included.
· Performance based incentives.
· Generous bonus levels.
· Full on the job training & support.
· Fun working environment and culture.
· Great opportunity for advancement.
€45000.00 - €55000.00/Year
Reports to: Systems and Projects Manager
Email me jobs like this