itContracting are seeking to recruit a Level 1 Technical Support based in Cork.
This role offers a hybrid working approach.
Purpose of the role:
- Functioning as a single point of contact for critical BTI service escalations – and single source of communications and related information/status.
- Providing Business context, correlation and prioritization insight across infrastructure operations
- Performing cross functional engagement, escalation and coordination for major business impacting events
- Conducting proactive trend analysis, risk identification and management, and incident avoidance
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor Global Command Center hotlines, GCC Info center tool, and email for escalation of critical issues/outages impacting Pfizer’s business line. Escalations can be made via the Service Desk, Application teams, and Infrastructure teams.
- Triage and perform impact assessment on all escalations following defined processes, selecting appropriate next steps
- Cross-Team coordination through conference bridge lines and other communications methods, ensuring all parties drive to resolution
- Timely communication of potential and confirm business impacting events to Pfizer stakeholders. Status communications through to resolution.
- Tracking of all GCC activities and escalations in the GCC event Database
- Proactive monitoring of GCC analytics views, identifying trends, and taking proactive actions as required. Based on proactive analysis, extrapolate, and take actions to manage risks and avoid service disruptions.
- GCC lead role assisting with the managing of the team and ensuring processes are being executed and timely communications occurring.
- Excellent communications skill both verbal and written, and able to communicate succinct, accurate, and timely fashion. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and challenges to various Pfizer business lines
- Accept responsibility and exhibit a ‘take charge’ demeanor, be it in managing an incident or facilitating process improvement
- Strong process mindset – will be required to adhere to standard processes for tracking activities, handling events and communicating with other parties
- Analytical skills – ability to identify pattern and trends within data, and extrapolate actions
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL Service Management Lifecycle Framework (Incident/Problem and Change Management) processes with PC Knowledge in IM/MS Outlook/Service Center/SharePoint/MS Office Excel/PowerPoint/Word, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a flexible work scheduled as needed to ensure coverage, including working weekends
- Previous experience using a ticketing system
- 1 – 2 years experience in an I.T Helpdesk setting or simialr
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with multi-functional teams.
- Proven track record of working to tight timeline.
- Ability to run ad hoc user access queries and reports as required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, add value immediately and meet service level agreements Desired
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Holly Grant (email@example.com) in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this