Global Software Applications Group with one of its core R&D hubs located in Dublin, employing more than 200 engineer locally, is seeking a Senior or Lead Site Reliability Engineer as it develops its next gen market leading platform for the travel & leisure sector.
You will be joining the Cloud Platform team which provides the software product delivery teams with a managed AWS platform, built with the design of taking a self-service, modular approach using the latest modern DevOps / SRE tools.
Your role will be as a key component part of this team focussing on SAAS & PAAS platform cloud engineering and Operations, improving operational reliability, scalability and efficiency.
Your role will encompass automation, incident management, deployments, release management and more. You will play a significant part of helping to drive the continued change / transformation of the legacy Operations function to modern site reliability engineering, bridging the gap between Development, Cloud Infrastructure & operations.
You will be utilising modern methodologies including CI/CD, Infrastructure as code tooling, stateless infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineering practices to build out, administer & support the Development & production environments of the internal & external customer AWS Cloud platforms.
Experience & Skills Required:
As this is a Senior Engineering role, you are expected to have at least 7+ years commercial experience in some form of Infrastructure administration, operations and development / scripting capacity as well as:
* Prior experience working on a large-scale SaaS web application solution with AWS, or similar cloud technologies
* Terraform (Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
* Good understanding of Linux, database administration concepts
* Scripting, programming with the likes of Python, Shell, Bash, etc & REST API's
* CI/CD or automation system tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, TeamCity, GitLa
* Command line tools for problem solving and maintaining applications and underlying infrastructure
* Expert knowledge of Internet protocols (HTTP, DNS, SMTP), networking - firewalls, segregation, TCP-IP
* IT security, Cybersec practices
* Experience working on-call
Salary = €DOE + bonus + benefits
Hybrid Model - must be prepared to wok in Dublin office for at least 2 days per week.
Please note that EU/EEA citizens or current work visa holders in Ireland only need apply.
Other Key Terms: Site Reliability Engineer, Senior or Lead SRE, Lead Site Reliability Engineer, AWS Cloud Technology, Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Ansible, Atlassian, Agile, Java, DevOps Engineer, Senior DevOps Engineer, Dev ops engineer, Cloud Engineer, Senior Cloud Engineer, AWS Engineer Technical SRE Lead, Software engineering, Infrastructure Engineer, CI/CD.
Guidant IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Email me jobs like this