itContracting are seeking to recruit a Systems Engineer for our client based in Cork
This is a permanent position with a hybrid approach
The successful candidate will report to: Head of Infrastructure
The purpose of this role
Maintain and support existing infrastructure to provide a stable platform for all users. Review and investigate developing technologies to ensure users benefit from a modern, efficient and secure IT environment.
Role Accountabilities and Core Responsibilities
• Understanding and experience of supporting core infrastructure.
• Citrix NetScaler & XenApp Admin, Performance and Deployment (Image Management and App integration)
• VMware VSphere Operations and Admin
• WAN and LAN Environments (Routers, Firewalls, VPNs, VLANs) –- understanding of core concepts and experience with networking essential.
• Full appreciation of IT security, concepts and implementation
• Backup Solutions and Technologies (Veeam)
• VOIP Solutions and IP traffic management (VLANs, QoS)
• Printing, print management
• Experience in Server and Storage troubleshooting, Windows Server tuning
• Experience in MFA and Intune and MDM
• Work with MSPs, vendors and partners to manage problems and escalations
• Alert management to reoccurring problems and patterns of problems
• Undertake special projects as directed
• Perform capacity planning for server resources with the Head of Infrastructure
• Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies - Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policies, Windows Failover Clustering, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
• Provide excellent customer service to the company network
• Deal with all requests internal / external in a timely and efficient manner
Team Collaboration • Working with the wider IT team to ensure deliverables are met
• Ensuring Compliance standards are met and that best practice standards apply
• Third level technical qualification, or relevant experience
• Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure technologies
• Microsoft MCPs or CompTIA A+ Networking qualification or similar
• 5+ years IT experience in an admin / support role
• Excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
• Availability to do periodic out of hours'/weekend work on rotational basis.
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact email@example.com directly
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this