itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an Automation Test Engineer This is a permanent position located with our client in Carlow with hybrid working flexibility.
The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for all design creation, implementation of test cases and automation. The successful candidate will be a person that likes to dig into the code, find ways to make improvements, think proactively and not reactively. Having experience working with distributed enterprise systems will certainly be an advantage but if you have a strong aptitude for testing and test automation you will be able to navigate the complex map of systems. This automation engineer should ideally have Behavior-Driven Development experience, test automation using BDD tools such as Specflow and knowledge with continuous automation execution using pipelines. The candidate must have advanced knowledge of Git and Azure DevOps build and release pipelines.
The role will be a challenge for any seasoned automation engineer as there are many legacy systems involved that require different test approaches as well as different test datasets.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing test automation scripts, test cases.
- Managing the final quality of production release.
- Design, code, maintain and document test automation using BDD tools, Given, When, Then format.
- Resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Communicates daily team manager and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement
- Focuses on always delivering business priority and value
- Understanding of agile software development and CI/CD pipelines in relation to testing
- Demonstrates an interest in testing methodologies and seeks to improve the quality of the product/solution
- Participate in Proof of Concept work and prototyping when necessary
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to solutions to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective
- Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery that can be tested
- Review, Analyze & Document bugs/issues accurately and clearly
- Ensures an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes and technologies that can be applied to future solution delivery
- Always thinks with the mind of the end customer, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and drive efficiency by reducing manual touch points
- Computer Science or equivalent Engineering Degree or higher is a must
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- 4 years in software testing/test automation
- Understanding of testing methodologies, functional testing and requirements testing, etc.
- Experience in both manual and automated E2E testing
- Experience in testing REST API’s.
- Back End testing experience –
- C#, .Net experience
- Automation knowledge and frameworks like Selenium, Specflow, NUnit
- Strong knowledge with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and BDD tools (e.g., Cucumber/Gherkin)
- Experience constructing test cases and executing them across functional, regression and system testing
- Experience with continuous automation execution/implementation using CI tools (e.g., Azure DeVos, Jenkins).
- Strong knowledge on GIT.
Nice to Have
- Performance Testing experience
- Experience Using test management tools
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Martha Magee in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.