Network Security Engineer (Contract) required for a 12 month day rate contract with a well-known Telco provider. You will join a team of highly skilled engineers supporting MPLS core, ISP Services and Datacentre IP infrastructure. This team covers all implementation work carried out on customer network. Working arrangements are flexible but ideally 1-2 days onsite (City Centre)
Day rates are negotiable around 500 / day
· Liaise with Design team on new technical projects and be responsible for implementation.
· Conduct Firewall audits (Cisco and Checkpoint primarily)
· Peer technical reviews of all designs before deployment into service
· Operational support of IP & Security network across all customer datacentres.
· Act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to the team and other groups on technical and operational issues.
· Work with internal, external & third party suppliers
· CCNP and/or Security certification
· Experience with Checkpoint, Fortigate or Cisco ASA firewalls.
· Experience working in an ISP environment
· Experience troubleshooting network faults including security incidents.
· Ability to work as part of a team and lead and motivate
· On-call availability – expected to be on-call 1wk in 4wks (additional compensation for this)