ItContracting are seeking to recruit a Field Engineer for our well established client based in Cork.
- Provide technical support for the ICT infrastructure environment including networks, servers, desktop/laptop and mobile systems. Systematically interpret user problems and identify solutions. Escalate complex or unresolved incidents within the team or to external suppliers.
- Manage and track issues from outset to conclusion, effectively communicating with all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Engage with business users to understand issues and requirements and provide advice and solutions regarding installed applications and technology.
- Install, configure, test, and document hardware, software and network components and solutions, avoiding service disruptions and ensuring coherence to security requirements and licence compliance.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team with regular updates to the knowledge base.
- Provision of technical support and training to internal and external users;
- Project management of systems implementation; participation in ongoing projects;
- Participation in the digital transformation and change management programmes currently underway;
- Participation in personal and professional development through formal and informal training;
- Attendance at and participation in meetings as required
- Performance of other duties that may from time to time be assigned to them
- Capacity to support end user environments including Desktops/Laptops/tablets/Mobile Devices/Chromebooks/Printers including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Mac’s, IOS and Android.
- Capacity to manage identity access including account setup and management in Active Directory and Office 365/Google Apps
- Application support experience across knowledge worker applications including with Microsoft Office, Adpbe, Anti-Virus, Java, encryption, 3rd party systems ? Experience and capacity using Active Directory ( account management, OU’s, attributes) and powershell to bulk update user accounts
- Ability to learn quickly and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems (Microsoft Server 2012 and later, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10,11)
- Some Mac OS experience and capacity
- Microsoft Office Suite including Office 365
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory 18
- Network administration and communications infrastructure support
- Communication and network protocols
- Network security systems (Firewall, Antivirus, Content filtering, OpenDNS, encryption, etc.)
- Problem analysis and issue resolution
- Mobile technology and OS (android and iOS)
- A qualification at Level 7 in the relevant computing discipline
- 4-6 years of substantial professional experience in relevant field.
- Full driving license
- Native English speaking
- If not a native English speaker a certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level C2 Mastery or Proficiency or minimum of 2 years working in an English language speaking environment to demonstrate capability is required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.