Ornua is a dairy co-operative which sells dairy products on behalf of its Member Co-ops; Ireland's dairy processors and, in turn, Irish dairy farmers. It is Ireland's largest exporter of Irish dairy products, exporting to 110 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, it has annualised sales of over €2.3 billion and a global team of 2,400 employees. Ornua operates from 10 business units worldwide, including 12 production facilities, and has sales and marketing teams working in-market across all four corners of the globe.
The Group is structured across two divisions: Ornua Foods and Ornua Ingredients.
Ornua Foods is responsible for the marketing and sales of Ornua's consumer brands including Kerrygold, Dubliner, Pilgrims Choice, Forto and BEO. Markets are served by production facilities and in-market sales and marketing teams in Africa, Asia, Germany, Ireland, the UK, the rest of Europe, the Middle East and the US.
Ornua Ingredients is responsible for the procurement of Irish and non-Irish dairy products and for the sale of dairy ingredients to food manufacturing and foodservice customers across the world. Ornua Ingredients is also responsible for managing volatility through de-risking and trading strategies. The business is supported by production facilities in Saudi Arabia, Spain, the UK, the US and by in-market teams in Africa and the Middle East.
Growth for Good
Ornua is the home of Irish dairy. Our cooperative ethos is at the heart of who we are and how we do business. Our global success would not be possible without the close collaboration, care, and commitment of our 2,400 strong team. Ornua cares about building sustainable livelihoods for all our people, who in turn care about driving sustainable profits for our co-op members and the Irish dairy farming families we proudly represent.
Ornua 2025 is our strategic plan that will help realise our vision for growth in the next five years. It outlines what we will do well, what we will do with the profits we generate, and what additional services we will provide to our members. We will be guided by 3 guiding principles; focus, simplicity and adding value to our volume and we will clearly define what market we will play in.
Together, we will grow for good - creating value for our Irish farming families and for our 2,400 strong, committed, and proud global team.
We are hiring a Senior ICT Security Analyst to work in our growing ICT Security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find.
You will have a strong background in Windows operating systems, with good experience in cyber security, including knowledge of information security industry standards and best practices i.e. ISO, MITRE etc. You should also have good knowledge in security as applied to Microsoft applications, Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange and Office365.
The Security Operations team is looking for individuals with a strong passion for security and knowledge of intrusion detection and response. As a Senior ICT Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the working with a global team to identify and remediate threats to the company.
• Monitor, evaluate, and advise on information security issues related to systems, data, network and workflow to ensure security controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
• Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
• Investigate security alerts and provide incident response.
• Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
• Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
• Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
• Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
• Assist with Security awareness program, including giving training, developing material.
• Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
• Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
• Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
• Ability to spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the Cyber Cloud Offerings
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in information security.
• Expertise and experiences in implementing & monitoring Information Security controls, practices and technology for multiple levels within an organisation.
• Good background in Active Directory, Exchange and Office365 administration, management and configuration, including Group Policy.
• Knowledge of technologies such as endpoint protection and detection, IDS and IPS tools and vulnerability scanning tools, malware detection and prevention.
• Experience in security incident management processes.
• Experience with threat intelligence platforms and hunting techniques.
• Proven experience with common information security controls / management frameworks, such as the NIST Cyber Security Framework and ISO27000
• Knowledge of penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, IAM and SIEM tools.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Security suite (MS O365 Defender, Azure ATP, O365 ATP and CAS etc..) would be an advantage.
• Practical and operational experience with SIEM solutions (e.g., Sentinel, Splunk, QRadar, Elastic or similar)
• Knowledge of Azure cloud would be beneficial.
• Availability for out of hours support during ongoing incident response
• Continuously assess current state of security monitoring and recommend improvements.
• Ability to work in both a collaborative team environment as well as independently when required
• Good analytical and report presentation skills.
• INTEGRITY: Supports and encourages constructive outcomes for others by demonstrating integrity.
• RIGOUR: To ensure excellence in own work applies effective professional skill, analysis and decision making, and planning and reviewing.
• Forward-looking: Responds positively to change and looks ahead to anticipate task.
• OWNERSHIP: Takes responsibility for and pride in delivering quality and results; is tenacious.