Senior Network Engineer
My client a global financial company are looking for an experience Senior Network engineer with strong experience on both traditional on-prem networking and cloud networking, as well as SDWAN. Within this position you will report directly to the Infrastructure Team
• Supporting the cloud network infrastructure.
• Supporting the network infrastructure (WAN and LAN at the datacenters and at the remote offices worldwide).
• Capacity and health management for the network infrastructure.
• Keep informed on new developments and products in our technology area and recommend implementation of new solutions as appropriate.
• Show excellent decision-making skills that support the needs of the business.
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills within the network scope and outside into other technology areas in assistance of other IT groups.
• Participate in the on-call support rotation.
• 10 years’ experience with networking infrastructure at the enterprise level.
• Strong experience with SDWAN deploying, configuring, managing, monitoring – in particular Vmware Velocloud
• Experience operating in cloud environments, and specifically on the networking side.
• Strong experience with Cisco routing/switching infrastructure.
• Strong experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama.
• Experience deploying and administering F5 BigIP load balancers.
• Hands-on knowledge of OSPF (multi-area) and BGP.
• IPsec site-to-site VPNs, remote access VPNs.
• LAN switching, Spanning Tree protocol, VLANs.
• Cisco switches, branch office and datacenter grade (Meraki, Catalyst and Nexus family).
• Cisco routers, branch office and datacenter grade (2900/3900, ISR4K, ASR1K, etc.)
• QOS implementation in the LAN and WAN, for the enablement of IP telephony and video conferencing.
• Experience with AWS and Azure Networking, or other cloud platforms (Oracle OCI, Google GCP).
Other helpful skills:
• Experience building infrastructure in the cloud using AWS cloud formation or Azure ARM templates.
• Familiar with network monitoring systems (Cacti, Solarwinds).
• Familiarity with Linux (user level).
• Experience analyzing flows using Netflow collectors.
• Experience analyzing packet captures (with Wireshark, etc).
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)