The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast on the Production Support Group (PSG) team. The PSG team is a global team that provides 3rd line support for a variety of critical trading and post-trade solutions for our exchange and clearing business, ensuring the resilience and scalability of our applications.
With DevOps and automation as a driving force, we are looking for a developer who can contribute to multiple applications through development of features and fixes, deployment automation and application support using core java skills. Google Cloud Platform, Chef, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins to name a few of the technologies we work with.
Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
• Excellent training and mentoring provided including Java Certifications
• Gain visibility across a wide range of applications and areas of the business
• Work with a wide range of tools and technologies to support production systems
• Join a supportive and collaborative team
• Problem/Incident Identification Analysis - root cause and effects relating to issue analysis
• Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working
• Develops unit test with minimal guidance.
• Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modelling and tuning.
• Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs.
* Experience with relational database ideally Oracle & SQL
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience could substitute.
* Ideally 1 years' experience in a core programming language (For example, Java, Python, Go, C# .NET) and object orientated development.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.