DGTek are an ICT Managed Services provider, with over 25 years’ experience. Due to a rapidly increasing customer base, we are recruiting for a Level 2 Support engineer on a permanent basis. Our people have a passion for their work, our culture and our company values. We pride ourselves in being a responsible and committed IT Services Provider, providing the best possible technical service and customer experience that our client expects and deserve.
We require a candidate who to will work well with the team, adapt to our friendly culture and our values. We strive for continuous improvement by continuously technically upskilling, keeping up with the ever-evolving ICT landscape with a base for consistency. We provide each person with a meaningful impact and space to grow and progress within the organisation.
Full time permanent role with interview starting immediately.
- Supporting the current network solutions and service offerings.
- Providing IT Support to all users and customers in a professional and friendly manner via helpdesk, telephone, e-mail and onsite where necessary.
- Providing on-going phone follow-up and assistance to customers as part of the ticket resolution process and in ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- Manage tickets to ensure they are completed within SLA’s.
- Fully document all troubleshooting steps and create knowledge base articles of resolutions.
- Identifying and prioritising customer support queries, with the ability to practice patience in difficult situations.
- Escalate tickets to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Maintain servers with regular patches, software upgrades, security software and proactive monitoring to ensure minimal downtime occurs.
- Installation of approved software, to resolving VPN connectivity or systems lock out issues.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Technologies (Teamviewer, Splashtop, Bomgar, RDP etc.)
- Hands on troubleshooting experience resolving a wide range of technical issues relating to Office PC's and server operating systems, Office 365 email, Printers, Network Software, Backup devices, internet connections etc.
- Creation and modification of user accounts in Active Directly and Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Exceptional knowledge of Windows 7-11 & Microsoft Office suites
- User Management to include Onboarding, license adds/Moves/Changes:
- User email accounts
- Mobile devices (iOs, Android)
- MS Active Directory
- Video conferencing – (Currently GoTo)
- Cloud based storage
- Degree in Computer Science or 2 years relevant experience.
- Face to Face Technical Support to all users including secure remote connections which are facilitated through edge infrastructure.
- Configuration of hardware, mobile devices, peripherals and software installations, including support for new server and end-user device build developments.
- Troubleshooting across data services/applications, voice and services including LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, access and authentication, ensuring timely resolution and/or if required escalation to the appropriate high level technology team.
- Knowledge of (Desirable):
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Migrations and Deployments.
- Backup Solutions - good knowledge of backup solutions.
- Google Apps and mail.
- Enterprise Mobility & Security – Intune MDM & MAM, AAD, Identity, Information Protection, Threat Protection, Cloud App Security.
- AD – Application Migrations, Health Assessments, Azure AD integration, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Domain Functional upgrades.
- Sharepoint (Design, Build, Migration and Continuous Maintenance – As required).
- Experience with IP Networking (Firewalls /Routers, VLAN’s, Wireless Networks, Managed Switches).
- Virtualisation products (Hyper-V and VMWare).
- DNS and MX Records.
- VoIP Telephony.
Positive attributed (valued)
- Strong Customer Service Skills with a friendly and approach able attitude.
- A strong focus towards problem solving.
- Excellent Listening Skills.
- The ability to work within a team.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards work, and our clients.
- A high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Excellent technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multitask and manage response times under pressure.
- Are inquisitive and comfortable challenging current thinking.
- Most importantly of all, are an excellent collaborator, an extraordinary teammate and bring out the very best in your workmates.