CME Group is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the CME Engineering and Execution (E&E) team in Belfast. The successful candidate will work in the QDM (Quote Driven Market) team, and deliver on projects that advance our flagship, low-latency trading platform, for the Quotes Market.
Our platform must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, rock-solid reliability and integrity. An understanding of both the underlying technology and the development, testing, and deployment lifecycle of the applications will be critical. The successful candidate will be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and work both independently and collaboratively.
This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity to join a great, self-organising team of go-getters.
CME Group ( Press Release ) have recently entered into a long-term strategic partnership with Google Cloud that will transform global derivatives markets, by migrating our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud (GCP) and becoming a fully cloud based company. As part of the role, the low latency QDM platform will be migrating to Google Cloud, this is an excellent opportunity to get involved in GCP.
* Working within a team to design all aspects of a project; app design, test design, observability, metrics, and CICD.
* Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently. Contributes to architectural discussions. Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team. Mentors junior developers and is an influential member within the team.
* Defines key metrics driving code optimization and drives code reviews; Manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
* Applies best practices in development, contributing to process enhancements, and leads by example.
* Expertise in core Java development skills
* Passion to keep up with tech trends and continually learning
* Ability to learn, adapt and react to business needs & technology problems
* Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
* Low latency experience in Java (Is a Huge Plus)
* Experience developing applications in Cloud environment.
* Experience testing in a story-driven, agile environment.
* Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
* Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.