Principal Cloud Platform Engineer – Dublin – Financial Services – AWS/Python
Our client, a significant Hedge Fund is expanding its operations here in Dublin and has engaged IT Search to speak to Senior Level Platform experts to build out their AWS based compute and data platforms, leading to fast, secure and reliable iteration.
This role will have responsibility for a significant multi account platform, designing and building core capabilities (CI/CD, Infrastructure, Orchestration and more), it will be hands on and will require strong Python skills, Linux Sys Admin and more.
· Develop and Architect AWS Cloud components, frameworks and solutions
· Manage Pipelines (CI/CD) including security aspects and testing environment and alerts
· Work on Automation aspects (replication, configuration, images, containers) across multiple environments
· Ongoing mentoring of junior staff and exceptional reporting capabilities
· 10/15 years of post grad commercial experience, ideally working in a multinational FinTech or Software environment with massive user bases
· Excellent AWS knowledge plus CloudFormation/Terraform in depth experience
· Exceptional communication skills, able to discuss high level technical concepts with business owners and internal customers
· Strong Systems Engineering skills (Networking, Security, Linux in particular)
· Monitoring, Building, Alerting as standard
· High level of comfort in Python (will be a hands on component to Python development)
· Salt, Chef, Ansible, IaC all of benefit and interest
This is a key Senior Level role for our client, attracting a significant salary and benefits package.
Do feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion (087 295 9680) or send on your CV stating required salary and availability.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU.