Job summaryAre you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access for transportation operations?Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is a the global middle-mile transportation organization within Amazon - as part of the transportation, we ship several millions of packages every year to customer on time with high customer excellence.Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for people who strive to support the business with innovative Business Intelligence solutions.You will be part of a growing Business Intelligence team as part of the central Tech organizaton who support the operations across the EU geography, acting as leader and mentor to your peers.We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to help setup and deliver robust, structured reporting, analytics and models for the Air, Surface Transportation and Sortation and other support teams in the transportation area in Europe. You will be a key contributor to shaping our strategic innovation program by equipping the project teams with the insights into the operation performance.You will be technically mentoring a team of Business Intelligence Engineers and play a thought leadership role in our team - the team will look to you for advice on data architectures and business issues facing them.You will influence your team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.The role requires you to feel comfortable working with and clearly communicating with other functional teams, regionally and globally.The position will be based in Luxembourg or London. You will be reporting to a Senior Manager, working intensely with his (larger) project team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfil the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".Key responsibilities:Manage a talented team of Business Intelligence Engineers to achieve its goals and development potential.Define and manage a long-term vision and portfolio of Business Intelligence Products to improve the customer experience and business results by creating world-class data infrastructure and enabling data-driven automated solutions and business insights.Perform Analysis of business requirements and translation into technical requirements. Independent realization of requirements for Business Intelligence and custom software development products. Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, and dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs.Leading the design, development, and management of our analytical tools and reporting. Provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics etc.
* 5+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Engineer, or similar roles
* Proficiency with SQL and programming languages with a focus on data analytics (Python, R, Java etc.)
* Expertise in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, experience with ETL, etc.)
* Proven expertise in building reports and BI analysis with tools such as Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
* Strong analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to details and you like to structure and organize things so that they make sense
* Experience in the transportation and operations either from a business or technical position
* Experience with AWS Services and products (S3, Redshift, AuroraDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2 etc.)
* Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
* Experience in Software development, DevOps and software frameworks (Django, React etc.)
* Ability to own and lead workshops and weekly status updates with business stakeholders