Unique opportunity to join a world leader as they establish and grow out their new R&D hub in Galway. With the move to remote and hybrid working, it's a great time to join this organisation as their portfolio of pro-grade audio and video technology allows employees everywhere to look and sound their best from anywhere. Their long term goal is to bring professional audio and video meeting technology and services to everyone and you could be part of this exciting journey.
Their audio and video technology is used to drive innovation, solve problems, and power productivity regardless of an employees' location. They want their portfolio of products and services to fuel a future of collaboration and understanding in the world of remote and hybrid working and have already experienced phenomenal growth in the past 2 years.
As a successful embedded development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge Video endpoint development and take responsibility for designing and developing software, working with various functions and development teams. Your creative and problem-solving skills will be put to good use as they improve and expand on their product portfolio and as this is a new R&D site you will have huge potential to grow and develop as the team grows over the next few years.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES;
* Design, development, debugging, and testing of platform software for complex Android systems that combines Video/Audio compression codecs.
* Working in Linux and Android Kernels, drivers, and HAL or robust communications protocols.
* Usage of common software editor/compiler, source control tools, and hardware debugging tools.
* Mentor and Guide other engineers on the design and development of software
* Work closely with the wider engineering organization to maintain design cohesiveness and ensure best practices.
WHAT WE LOVE TO SEE
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with embedded C/C++ development experience.
* Experience working with low-level Embedded Linux
* Experience with Linux driver development and working with Linux development environment.
* Knowledge of the Android framework/SDK or any Android development would be a distinct advantage!
* Hands-on experience doing bring-up of Linux kernel on ARM-based embedded system
* Hands-on experience with USB, Gadgets or HDMI drivers
* Hands-on experience with Video/Audio interfaces, USB or Wi-Fi devices.
* Knowledge of Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy protocols
* Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Comprehensive salary and benefits package designed to attract and retain satisfied engineers
* Join a new R&D team with ample opportunity for growth and personal development
* Work on cutting edge products with huge growth potential
* Hybrid work opportunities, however, cannot be offered fully remote as candidates will need access to an extensive new lab of hardware products.
* Efficient recruitment process so apply now with your CV for a chance to join this exciting operation