Network Engineer required. We are recruiting for Network Engineers for an expanding systems integrator/ managed service provider who need experienced network engineers with core technical skills in Routing and Switching, Wi-Fi, Firewalls and Storage.
The successful candidates will have responsibility for analysis/requirements gathering, design, and the deployment of future proof solutions in addition to BAU troubleshooting and resolution responsibilities. They should have strong technical and communication skills with a daily requirement to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders and deliver to the high standards expected.
* Strong Experience in Networking & configuration of Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Storage and Wi-Fi.
* Proven experience in designing and delivering projects in accordance with industry best practices.
* Proven experience in a multiple technologies and vendor platforms including but not limited to Microsoft, Dell, Fortigate, Veeam.
* Experience of installing and supporting wide-area networking equipment or other communications equipment.
* Experience with clustered virtualisation solutions.
* Experience in managing Active Directory domains across multiple sites.
* Experience in O365 deployments.
* Comfortable racking and stacking all elements of a server rack.
* Troubleshooting issues and escalating within the team when applicable
* Experience - Minimum 3yrs in a similar position
* Networking - L2 & L3 switching & routing (we typically work with higher end Dell kit) firewall's and corporate WiFi (VLANs, VPN, SSLs, Security Suites.
* All elements of Racking, Stacking & Cabling.
* Server Environments - P & V - HyperV / VMware, Azure Platforms, Clustered virtual solutions (Nodes, Storage, Services & Applications, Network)
* Backups & Storage (DR & BC) SAN / NAS / FC / iSCSI / SAS and comfortable defining RPO, RTO and retention tables (we typically use Veeam)
NICE TO HAVES/DESIRED:
* MSP Background.
* Certification MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, NSE, VxRail, VCP, VMCE, DCA-Networking.
* Customer Relationship Management.
* Managing a Client Engagement.
* Planning & Scheduling.
* Project Management.
* Reporting & Communication.
* Time Capture & Management.
* Ability to Identify and Anticipate needs.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
* A positive 'can do' attitude and desire to 'make life better'
* Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant technical experience and appropriate certifications/qualifications
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* Confident and works well under pressure
* Motivated, ambitious and passion for IT
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to 60,000 (depending on experience)
Location: UK: based in Northern Ireland, Scotland or North of England
Reference: (phone number removed)LH
Contact: Loubna Hussain - (phone number removed)