Remote Or Hybrid (Galway office)
Join a fast-growing, highly successful, and multi-award-winning software security company.
As a Senior Software engineer, you will work as part of the core backend engineering team to design and implement our next-generation spam and web filtering solutions. The successful candidate will show a strong background in C++ programming in a Unix environment, take ownership of parts of the code base and possess good communication skills. You will be responsible for leading the delivery of the product set, improving and building products to ensure we stay up to date with the newest technologies, fixing and testing software, and always looking for ways to develop the products.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and self-motivated team that offer a great working environment and excellent development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Design, implement and test highly optimized, low latency solutions in C++
* Participate in product design, development, troubleshooting, and delivery of system components.
* Help maintain code quality with a high level of automated test coverage
* Investigate and fix root cause of application defects
* Drive innovation across the product set
* Mentoring and coaching junior developers
Who we are looking for:
* Extensive software development experience
* Degree in Computer Science/ IT preferred but not essential
* C++ programming skills with Linux and/or FreeBSD operating systems, shell scripting and network protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTPS)
* Experience with relational databases is desirable, but not essential
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
* Ability to work well within a team in addition to working remotely