Founded by pioneering journalists as the first social media newswire, Storyful was created out of the need to break the news faster and utilize social content to add context to reporting. Acquired by News Corp in 2013, Storyful has evolved into a premium service for media, business leaders and investors.
Our goal is to help our partners understand the attitudes, behaviors and emotions shaping the world. Powered by a unique ability to gather and streamline data from all corners of an increasingly complex information environment, our teams deliver clarity in a world of confusion. Our mission is to dig deeper into the nuance inherent in digital media to establish context, verify the truth and help our partners make sense of the world.
We are seeking an experienced backend developer to join our team. You'll have the opportunity to shape the direction of our products by being involved in the process from start to finish. To this, we expect our developers to be vocal about issues and to strive to be proactive rather than reactive. Storyful prioritises the growth of it's staff and the tech team facilitate this through various initiatives like:
* Mentoring programme
* Gold Cards
* Ladies in Tech group and many more.
* Finding new ways to extract insights from large amounts of social media data as part of a multidisciplinary development team
* Quality, maintainability, performance and security of back-end code
* Maintaining common style and standards guidelines with colleagues across teams
* Working in a multidisciplinary development team
* Working with non-technical stakeholders and external customers
* Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the development lifecycle
* Support and mentor other developers to encourage growth through code reviews, pair programming and workshops.
* Representing Storyful at technical events and in the global, technical community
* Stay up to date on new technologies
* 3+ year experience in Ruby
* Experience with TDD approach
* Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
* Excellent communication skills and a willingness to use them
* Experience working with third-party APIs
* Familiarity with a broad range of storage and messaging technologies; such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
* Git or similar experience
* Familiarity with AWS
*Nice to have*
* Interest in Data Analysis or Machine Learning
* Experience with an Agile methodology; e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP
* Familiarity with a GNU/Linux or UNIX environment
* Experience in working with large data sets.
* Familiarity with AWS' ecosystem
* Interest in containerisation and orchestration technologies; such as Docker, Compose, Kubernetes
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to €75,000.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
* Developer: 3 years (preferred)
* Ruby on Rails: 2 years (required)