Senior Database Administrator
The Database Administrator is a key position within our Infrastructure. You will be responsible to implement, configure, backup and troubleshoot all database instances throughout the Group. You will also be responsible for monitoring and tuning system performance. It will be your responsibility to set global standards for Database Administration and Configuration around the group. You will also be the point of contact for the Global Infrastructure team for all solutions that require SQL Databases both on-prem and MS Azure platform.
- Installs, maintains, and enhances performance of MS SQL servers running MS SQL server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019 in an enterprise level production environment.
- Priority support maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL always-on availability groups and Windows Cluster server
- Assist with Cloud Collaboration related projects, including but not limited to the deployment of future database technologies.
- Lead the upgrade/migration from legacy database instances i.e. SQL2005, 2008 onwards
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Monitor Local & Cloud Database backups, replication between our traditional Datacenters and Cloud tenants and ensure IT service recovery is always available
- Work with 3rd party support companies
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals and runbooks
- SLA & KPIs – ensure targets are achieved
- You have 5+ years’ experience supporting large volumes of business-critical databases.
- Essential requirement - Strong experience with SQL Server Always On Availability Groups and failover cluster
- You have experience working with Azure SQL Databases (Both PaaS and IaaS modes) and cloud computing services
- Experience in Hybrid Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) environment on-prem and on Azure.
- On prem and cloud database migration and management expertise on Azure
- Experience interfacing with business partners, third party vendor and performing technology problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution
- Ability to optimisation and tuning for large enterprise OLTP and OLAP databases in Azure
- Experience Azure recovery Vault, ASR, Azure backup/recovery policies, Blob storage and Containers
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to L1 team
- Determine, enforce security best practice and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Good understanding in PowerBI, PBI Gateway server and Data warehouse databases
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- You have experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and tuning tools like SQL Profiler
- Experience with 24x7 High Availability and DR environmental support
- Experience of best practice change management and change implementation processes in high availability enterprise environments
- Experience with agile development methodology and DevOps practises
- Knowledge and experience with SolarWinds SentryOne monitoring tool
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- The ability to work to deadlines, on own initiative and out of hours as/if required in ensuring minimum business disruption.
- Strong team player, keen on contributing to & improving the team.
- Must have experience in Automation PowerShell, TSQL Coding or any other
- You have Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification.
- INTEGRITY: Supports and encourages constructive outcomes for others by demonstrating integrity.
- RIGOUR: To ensure excellence in own work applies effective professional skill, analysis and decision making, and planning and reviewing.
- Forward-looking: Responds positively to change and looks ahead to anticipate task.
- OWNERSHIP: Takes responsibility for and pride in delivering quality and results; is tenacious.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Ciara Galligan in itContracting directly. Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.