Job Title: Network Engineer
Contract/ Permanent: Contract
Overview: Ergo are a managed services company which employs over 500 staff. We provide a managed service across the whole IT spectrum, and we have over 200k end users and are Ireland's largest Microsoft partner.
Ergo are delighted to bring a new job opportunity to the market. We are seeking to recruit a Network Engineer for a three-month (on site) contract for our client based in Dublin.
* The Successful candidate will be working to relocate a Data Centre from one site to another.
* The role is predominantly hardware support, moves and changes - decommissioning/recommissioning racking & stacking, cabling, making modifications to cabinets, installing Switches outers and sometimes minor upgrade to Servers (under remote instructions), and providing smart hands support.
* The chosen Engineer will be given access to SNOW (call management), to receive and manage their own tickets and on behalf of the wider team.
* The Engineer will be working as part of a larger team but will be working alone on-site for most of the time.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
* The Engineer will need to be of flexible nature and be able to perform other ad hoc requests in a rapidly changing customer environment.
* The chosen Engineer will need to be able to work as a team and can work alone on-site.
* The role also requires an Engineer with cabling experience, (or a Cisco Hardware Engineer who does not mind doing a little cabling work). As Cisco hardware will be installed.