JOB DESCRIPTION: IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
CONTRACT: FULL TIME/ FIXED TERM – 24 MONTHS
RESPONSIBLE TO: HEAD OF IT
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for the daily first-level support of all Tuath employee IT support requests, both on-site and remotely in a timely manner.
This includes all hardware and peripherals - PC/Network/Printers etc and also all desktop software issues - Office 365/Softphones/User access permissions etc.
1. Day-to-day support of our Tuath staff IT requirements.
2. Monitor and quickly respond to incoming support requests by phone or email.
3. Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
4. Clearly communicate issue resolution process to staff or end user including next steps to be taken, time frame, and ownership of issue.
5. Maintain a positive relationship with employees/customers by ensuring that expectations are met or exceeded.
6. Testing and evaluating new technology.
7. Liaise with 3rd Party Vendor support on Hardware and Software Issues.
8. Provide training to end users as required
9. Attend /Request training appropriate to the role
10. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational courses; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional bodies
11. To positively promote the Association in all activities
12. Any other duties which are consistent with your role
13. Ensure personal behaviour is aligned to Tuath’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
14. Adhere to all Tuath policies and procedures at all times.
15. To exercise discretion at all times.
16. To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Tuath’s and your own health and safety obligations.
17. Must be eligible to work in Ireland
18. Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science
19. Minimum 18 months experience within an IT support role and proven track record.
20. Solid support experience of core Office365 services (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint).
21. Computer literacy with experience that includes word processing, excel, spreadsheets, presentation packages, e-mail, electronic schedulers, and internet.
22. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
23. Excellent organisational and time management skills.
24. Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
25. Knowledge of software development.
26. Possess good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to compose letters, memos and reports, strong attention to detail and fluency in English.
27. Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team.
28. The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
29. The ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
31. A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
32. Possess commitment to deliver a high-quality customer focused service.
33. Avid interest in technology and desire for continuous learning.
34. Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review in light of developments.
Tuath reserves the right to enhance these criteria, in line with the employee specification, to facilitate short-listing