Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
The HPE Pointnext Services delivery team help deliver our valued clients the most effective Modern Workplace solution to suit the organisational requirements of dynamic and fast-paced business. HPE helps customers to exploit maximum business benefit from a Modern Workplace, leveraging best in class HPE and Partner technologies to create relevant and engaging workplace experiences!
Develops high quality software using agile techniques
Adopts and drives technology and software development best practices into the team
Works with the team, architects and the product owner to understand, estimate and refine the product backlog
Participates in all Scrum ceremonies including planning, refinement and sprint demos
Contributes to the Scrum team by providing ideas to improve product quality, process improvements, guidelines and standards
Collaborates and communicates with team and stakeholders regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years of related software development experience .
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of core Java
- Good Software Engineering skills – Design Patterns, Unit Testing, Refactoring, Code structuring.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in developing web applications with JEE
- Web technologies such as AngularJS or JSF
- Experience with Web APIs (SOAP / REST) development and consumption
- Unit testing frameworks
- Good analytical and problem solving skills; technical curiosity
- Self-motivated, accountable and having a sense of ownership; take pride in what you code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
We are a fairly autonomous unit in that we look after our own pipeline end to end so it’s not just development but at times DevOps too.
Both Java web apps are on Java 11 and SQL Server 2017. One application uses JSF/PrimeFaces as the front end technology and the other uses AngularJS version 1.
Scrum process is well matured and works well for the team. Team engages in all ceremonies i.e. Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Up, Refinement, Sprint Review, Retrospective.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.