Our client in Co. Kerry is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer that can ensure that all of the software used on their platforms is operating according to the relevant specification. Perform System testing, develop Automation and drive quality assurance of code and configuration.
Document test activities, log defects and ensure that re-testing takes place to confirm that problems encountered have been resolved. Work in accordance with testing standards developed in-house and contribute to the continuous improvement of testing standards and automation.
- Play a central role in adding to our extensive automation capabilities in testing our core platforms.
- Create QA documentation for our external QA teams to work with.
- Participate in requirements walkthrough meetings (KO meeting).
- Performing manual and exploratory testing across major feature releases, and regression testing where necessary.
- Working with analysts & developers to write test cases for new changes.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs/enhancements.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like change failure rate and open defect counts.
- Participate in daily scrum calls with other delivery teams to support issues’ triage process and understand prioritisation of work assignments.
- Log bugs, reporting the issue to the developers and taking full ownership and accountability following up to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- 1+ years software testing experience throughout all phases of a software testing cycle, including automation experience.
- Experience using a test management tools.
- Automation & Scripting knowledge, ability to create automated tests utilizing frameworks & tools.
- Quality focused with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Unit testing, UI Testing, and Integration testing of APIs.
- Experienced with Atlassian Toolset (JIRA).
- BSc in Computer Science is preferred but not essential.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Pension Plan
- Stock Option Plan
- Competitive with equity opportunity
The salary for this role is dependent on experience (in line with market rates) and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please feel free to apply directly below and we will contact you shortly after to discuss the role in more detail.