The successful candidate will be reporting into the Software Engineering Manager, and will be part of a growing software development team that is spread across Ireland and the UK. Working in an Agile environment, the successful candidate will work closely with other teams and stakeholders, such as Engineering, Support and Product to fully understand requirements, negotiate well-defined deliverables, and get them delivered. You will be developing software on multiple platforms including Java and Node.js.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that’s going through rapid growth.
- Managing and organising the work of the team, coordinating people to work effectively.
- Designing and developing high quality, efficient, testable software that service our customers .
- Discussing technical problems that the dev team are experiencing during development and help resolve them. Where problems can’t be resolved immediately you should ensure they are tracked and raised with the relevant team members.
- Planning, prioritisation and resourcing, including sprint management.
- Leading a team working on significant and critical projects, providing both technical and team leadership as well as mentoring.
- Ensuring that the team’s software development process works effectively, reporting progress to all stakeholders including the CTO, Project Managers and Product Owners.
- Ensuring the software produced by the team achieves the expected quality.
- Breaking work down into tasks, delegate to appropriate resources, and ensure task completion. Accept and create work estimates and completion status and integrate them into schedules and project plans.
- Analysing and evaluate technical risks within the scope of a project and make judicious recommendations.
- Tracking team velocity and provide metrics for leadership.
- Demonstrating accountability for the applications that the development team have built, while assisting with the operation of production 4th line support.
- Completing performance evaluations of team members.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Experience developing applications in both node.js and Java.
- Experience building APIs with REST and/or SOA.
- Knowledge of JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, CDI, JEE security.
- Experience working with Angular is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns and Principles.
- Strong experience in MVC and Entity Framework.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Development.
- Experience with security mechanisms including web and web service security and their implementations.
- Experience creating Unit test cases.
- Experience of Single Page Application frameworks (Angular, React).
- 8-10 years’ development experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience in building and leading Software Engineering Teams.
- BSc in Computer Science is preferred but not essential.
The salary for this role is dependent on experience (in line with market rates) and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please feel free to apply directly below and we will contact you shortly after to discuss the role in more detail.