An exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Senior Software Developer to join a small team in Co Kerry with a view to it expanding rapidly. This is a demanding role working on our client’s primary customer facing cash-management platform. You will lead a small group of junior-level developers and be responsible for all aspects of their output. This includes design, development work, unit testing, code reviews, end-to-end testing, supporting the various phases of the SDLC, and installation into the live environment. In addition, it is expected you will undertake line management responsibilities for the group.
The role involves close collaboration with a wide group of stakeholders and supporting teams, both technical and non-technical, and it’s important you feel equally comfortable speaking with both types of audience. This challenging role will require strong organizational and technical skills to succeed.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with business stakeholders, and the Business Analysis team, to refine product backlogs for the products you work on.
- Provide input to the estimation of work items so they can be fed into a prioritization process.
- Participate in the prioritization process so that work items are ‘ready’ for the team.
- Provide input to design sessions to ensure any enhancements are clean, robust, and consistent (with existing areas of the application).
- Guide and mentor junior-level team members to ensure that high-quality and consistent delivery is achieved.
- Ensure that all code is thoroughly unit-tested and that code reviews are performed.
- Coordinate implementation of changes through the SDLC.
- Provide input on product strategy and direction – i.e. focus on the future as well as the present.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Represent the team in wider project discussions and meetings.
- Provide support for operations, delivery, and application teams to remediate issues as appropriate.
- Four to six years of experience in a Software Development role.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of developing with Java (both standard and enterprise level).
- Experience of the Spring framework is an advantage.
- Experience in front-end frameworks (for example, one of Angular, VueJS, React).
- Experience with large scale distributed and transactional systems that have high-availability service-level agreements.
- Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is following best practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive mindset.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to present, in a non-technical manner to peers.
- Organizational and planning skills, attention to detail, time management as well as string analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with CI/CD such as Bamboo, Jenkins, and Urban Code.
- Ability to mentor more junior team members.
Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences and qualifications. For further information please email me directly.