Software Test Engineer
Our Client are a well established Global technology Company, with sectors spanning, industrial engineering, Software engineering, Technical services and R&D
Due to continued expansion they are now hiring a software test Engineer for their Cork offices.
The roles will involve testing software products within the industrial Engineering and software sector.
Test Engineers are responsible for testing object oriented applications and tools developed in Java and C++ working on complex and diverse projects working with small in-house teams to large cross -functional teams.
• Test sophisticated software products
• Use different testing types within the software development lifecycle ( Functional and non Functional testing types)
• Automate test cases using test automation
• Set up and configure hardware devices
You will be self-motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines.
•Diploma/Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline is required
• Roles are open to candidates with experience from 1- 5yrs working as Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities
• Full understanding of the testing process and principles
• 2- 5 years’ experience using different testing types within the software development lifecycle both functional and non functional testing.
Hands on experience with automation tools eg Selenium, Google Window Tester Pro using Java or Junit or similar.
• Knowledge of Java and an ability to automate test cases
• The ability to set up and configure hardware devices
• Experience of networking
• Knowledge of the Scrum framework
• ISTQB foundation Certification
To fit with the team you must have a strong desire to deliver quality software, be interested in software testing methodologies,
be constantly developing your technical skill set and be a very strong team player.