At eir evo, we offer a unique and unrivalled communications and ICT services portfolio for the Irish marketplace. By tracking leading-edge developments in technology, we make them accessible for our customers, delivered via our best-in-class consultative and managed services. Through our guidance and expertise, we bring businesses to life and empower them with a clear route to success.
To support our industry leading 24x7 services, eir evo is seeking an ambitious, managed cloud support engineer to join this team in our Irish offices to assist in managing both our private & multitenant VMWare and Azure environments.
Your purpose as the Managed Cloud Support Engineer will be to carry out service desk tasks such as incidents, service requests, change requests, scheduled and project tasks for both internal and external customers. You will be part of an existing cross-functional team that will help deliver services like infrastructure hosting, backup & DR, VDI and networking services in both our own data centres and Azure. The responsibility of this team will be to ensure that eir evo is able to meet our availability & performance SLA’s for all our Cloud customers.
Tasks will involve:
- Incident, change and service request fulfilment for internal and external customers
- Work within a managed cloud support team with varied skill sets and experience
- Provide comprehensive troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
- Detailed handover of open incidents and service requests both onto and off shifts
- Manage tickets and tasks using our Service Management system (Autotask)
- Use our remote monitoring and management tool (Kaseya) to provide services to customers.
- Communicate appropriately with customers as per eir evo processes and customer runbooks
- Carried out customer project, scheduled or recurring tasks assigned to the team
- Carry out tasks related to the office set-up project.
- A technical leader of the team that will task ownership of major incident and escalations
- Someone that enjoys sharing knowledge and training other team members
- A keen willingness to work as part of a cross functional team to achieve objectives
- A willingness to learn new skills outside of their own experiences.
- Experience working with a ticketing system, ISO/ITIL experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and someone that enjoys taking ownership of issues
- Good analytical/troubleshooting skills and willing to learn new technologies
- Experience of cloud or infrastructure services such as VMware, Azure or AWS
- Understanding of datacentre environments
- Self-starter that is able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Someone that enjoys working in a customer service and support environment
Skills and experience
- At least 5 Years’ experience in a customer-facing technical support role for a Managed Service Provider and/or
- At least 5 Years’ working in a clouddatacentre environment at a basic technical level (VMWare, load balancers, Backup knowledge, Windows Server, & Networking)
- Windows Server and VMWare Skills is essential to this role
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Technical qualification or equivalent experience in a managed service or cloud environment.
- Experience working with any of the following technologies (VMware, Windows Server, HP or Dell Storage Arrays, Kaseya, Autotask, Veeam, Citrix, Azure, Cisco, Palo Alto)
- Experience regularly troubleshooting VMware vCenter & ESXi issues.
- Experience with remote troubleshooting and customer support
- Experience in basic troubleshooting of firewall & load balancers issues.
- At least one of VCP MS MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA is required
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link.
eir evo/itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo/itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.