Eir Evo are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Consultant to work in our professional services team.
The role will involve pre-sales and delivery tasks. We are looking for an individual who can gather a customer’s Data Centre infrastructure requirements develop an appropriate solution, articulate this to the customer and work with our PMO to ensure the solution is delivered to a high quality.
As a senior member of the Professional services team, you will own overall solutions taking input for other SMEs. You will also act as a mentor to more junior engineers to facilitate their development.
The job in working with customer on the island of Ireland with flexibility to attend customer sites when required.
- Articulating and positioning the eir evo infrastructure solution and services
- Gathering Customer requirements and mapping them closely to a solution
- Documenting the proposed solution and presenting back to the customer
- Writing High level Designs
- Writing Statements of work
- Liaising with vendors to solution assure the various elements of the solution and provide appropriate Bill of Materials
- Providing customer demonstration of solutions
- Answering the technical aspects of Tender responses
- Provide Subject matter expertise to the sales team
- Keep up to date with current technology trends, attending, training, seminars, tech conferences
- Lead complex infrastructure delivery
- Defining and documenting low level designs
- Defining and documenting project plans with the PMO
- Maintain training and certification on advanced infrastructure technologies such as, Dell Storage, VMware, Dell Backup portfolio
- Escalation for project issues
- Generating Build Documentation
- 5+ years installation experience of Servers, SAN, Backup, and virtualisation technology
- Design Understanding of Data Centre networking
- 5+ Years of Data Centre Infrastructure design experience
- Excellent documentation skills
- Customer facing experience of workshops and presentations
- 3rd level Degree in a related technical discipline
- Vendor certifications – Dell, HPE, VMware
- Public Cloud experience – Azure
- Knowledge of Data Centre Security Architectures
- Commercial understanding of vendor pricing
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link.
eir evo/itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo/itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.