Embedded Software Engineer - C/C++
My Client is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers build,
manage, optimize and secure their IT infrastructure through its global presence and 4,000 team
members. The role will expose you to advanced networking technologies, video and audio compression and new security concepts for embedded products.
They have a fantastic opportunity for several Embedded SW Engineers to join their leading team in Limerick, Ireland office.
For those who aspire to work with some of the leaders of the industry and thrive in
challenging roles, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for embedded software development for KVM products including the Emerald and InvisaPC
Primarily Roles & Responsibilities
* Participate in feature requirements definition
* Develop features
* Problem isolation and fault finding
* Support test automation for developed features
* Customer issue replication
* Creating and updating of releases notes.
* Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
* Work within Development to test product and isolate issues.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
* Good knowledge of C/C++ programming with good embedded debugging skills
* Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
* Experience in the full software development cycle within a project-based environment
* Able to use debuggers, protocol analyzers and logic analyzers
* Experience with modern 32bit processors/microcontrollers e.g. ARM and their toolchains
* Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills and with the ability to work
* Linux/UNIX development skills (ideally in an embedded environment) including networking,
scripting and socket programming
* Some development experience with Embedded Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
* Familiar with video and audio codecs such as MPEG4 and JPEG
* Familiar with USB protocols
* Possess a thorough understanding of protocol stack concepts and architecture
* 0-4 years of professional S/W development
* Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronics Engineering