Due to continued expansion of eir evo, we are now seeking to recruit a Monitoring Analyst that will become an important part of the team in an evolving and exciting environment.
At eir evo, we offer a unique and unrivalled communications and ICT services portfolio for the Irish marketplace. By tracking leading-edge developments in technology, we make them accessible for our customers, delivered via our best-in-class consultative and managed services. Through our guidance and expertise, we bring businesses to life and empower them with a clear route to success.
The Monitoring Analyst position offers unrivalled delivery in the design, supply, implementation and support of organisations’ IT infrastructure with over 400 employees operating out of offices in Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Auckland.
This position is Day time (12 hr shift) and can be based in our Dublin/Waterford/Cork office.
- Shift work covering 24×7 service hours as part of an 8-person rotating team. (IRE & NZ) DuPont Shift Schedule variant. 1 week off per month.
- Working in a growing Managed Services team with procedures based on ITIL Framework and governed by ISO 20000.
- Monitoring policies and alerts for several systems and services such as Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Palo Alto Firewall, Windows Servers, Citrix NetScaler, HP/ Dell Servers and Storage solutions.
- First level event correlation and filtering to ensure support personnel intervention is acted on.
- Investigation and Diagnosis for Infrastructure and Application alerts – establish details of request/incident, confirm impact, identify any events that may have been a contributing factor.
- Resolution and Recovery – identifying potential resolutions. Apply resolution, test and verify.
- Escalation of Tickets to other ICT teams or 3rd parties where required within a defined SLA.
- Coordinate with other ICT teams or 3rd parties where required.
- Improve and Maintain documentation.
- P1 communications
- Support, configure and install various network devices and services at a high level
- Maintain and improve documentation of customers’ network environments
- Provide support to L2/3 engineers and assist in troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
- Lead vendors and other IT teams to problem resolution
- Proactive maintenance and support of customer systems
- Work with NZ/Irish colleagues on improving services delivered to the eir evo customer base
- Minimum Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching required
- Familiarity with Cisco Products & Services
- Familiarity with Huawei networking equipment.
Beneficial skills and experience
- 3 years or more relevant experience
- Experience supporting and configuring a range of network devices and technologies (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Team player
- Experience with non-Cisco equipment (Palo Alto, Sophos, SonicWALL etc.)
- ITIL V3 foundation level
- ISO 20000 familiarization
- Approachable, flexible individual who excels under pressure
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills are an absolute necessity
- Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of delivering on tasks with little direction
- Capable of adjusting their approach for the varied customers supported
- Process oriented with great attention to detail
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link.
eir evo/itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo/itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.