We are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Engineer to provide support to Enterprise Level IT environments, as part of their Enterprise Services Team. This role will report directly to the Support Operations Manager and requires an individual who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple assignments simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way.
This company is a Microsoft gold partner and they actively invest in the training and development of their engineers to ensure they are offering the most comprehensive support and harnessing the full extent of current technologies to assist the organisations they are supporting.
Responsibilities of Enterprise IT Support Engineer:
- Provide 3rd / 4th level support to tier 1 customers.
- Provide escalation support to wider support team, including out of hours support.
- Provide scheduled and ad-hoc consultation services to inhouse ICT staff and management.
- Work with customers and the sales team to develop ICT roadmaps and capacity planning.
- Provide regular scheduled consultation services (infrastructure, Data Protection, Disaster Recovery, Security, etc) to key clients as contracted.
- Provide Infrastructure management and maintenance in line with industry best practices for tier 1 customers.
- Ensure highest level of customer service while ensuring a consistent level quality.
- Aid in the delivery of reports and sales proposals when required.
- Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
- Oversee development and dissemination of customer runbooks and the ConnectWise knowledge base.
- Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet business/customer objectives.
- Maintain certification of existing and emerging technologies and evaluate the potential application for customer environments.
Relevant Experience and/or Certification:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cloud Services (Essential) - Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS, VDI (AVD/WVD), Security, Microsoft 365 - SharePoint/Teams, MDM, MAM, Security (CA, Cloud App Security, SSO, APP Proxy)
- Virtualisation - VMware vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, VXRail, Hyper-V, VMM and S2D
- Infrastructure - Dell Technologies (servers, storage, networking, hyper-converged), Palo Alto, SonicWall, Sophos SG/XG, Windows Server 2008-2019, Linux RHEL/Ubuntu/CentOS/Debian, SQL Server and Exchange 2010-2019
- Data Protection - Commvault and Veeam
- Management and Monitoring - LogicMonitor, ConnectWise Automate and Manage
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- ITIL Certified – or relevant experience.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa).