Aspira is currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join us on a 12-month+ contract starting from February 2022.
This is a remote project, with occasional, ad-hoc visits, at a sufficient notice in the offices.
The successful candidate will take an organization wide strategic approach to maintaining and enhancing the technical data architecture which supports the business from an operational and data strategy viewpoint. This role will be a key enabler, allowing the company to become a data driven organization.
The database systems administrator will need to be highly experienced with Microsoft systems (Microsoft stack + MySQL databases).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience designing and setting up Data Warehouses in Microsoft SQL Server to include: Defining Infrastructure specification, Defining Software specification, Software installation and configuration, Summarisation and Consolidation of Data, Resolving Issues, Proactive Monitoring
- Experience designing and implementing ETL jobs within Microsoft SSIS to include: Connecting to on prem SQL Server, Connecting to Azure SQL Server, Connecting to MySQL Databases, Working with flat files, Data cleansing, Recursive Program Loops, Use of variables and parameters within SSIS, Use of expressions within SSIS
- Experience working with and managing Tableau and SSRS reporting environments, to include: Defining Infrastructure specifications, Defining Software specifications, Software installation, configuration & patching, Managing Security and access, Authoring reports and dashboards, Reverse Engineering reports and dashboards, Troubleshooting Issues
- Experience designing Data Warehouses which comply with Legal regulations while not limiting data retention for statistical analysis. To include: Strategies to transform data to remove PID without significant loss of analytical detail. Methods of aligning data after GDPR removal to ensure records which are still present are accurately updated.
- Experience working with MySQL databases to include: Creating and restoring backups, Querying and updating tables with SQL code, Migrating data into and out of MySQL databases (ideally into Microsoft SQL databases)
If this roles sounds of interest please apply now and we will be in touch. We regret we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role so only candidates based in Ireland with an EU passport or valid visa should apply.