itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Tier 2 Senior Engineer This is a permanent position located with our client in Dublin.
- Operate the business, suite of systems for monitoring customer and the infrastructure. The infrastructure which is being monitored supports customer services and applications.
- Deliver best in class monitoring and response for all infrastructure, systems, customers and customer applications. The team will support the managed solutions that they deliver to the clients.
- Input to proposals where specific technical authority is required.
- Generate pull through revenue on engagements through the identification of technological solutions or enhancements following on from initial engagements.
- Support the on-going professional development of the business.
- Participate in product trials and seminars for technological advancement and impart knowledge promptly.
- Ensure the efficient and effective acceptance of customer projects into Service Operations.
- Maintain certifications which contribute to overall company technical accreditations such as Cisco ATP, HP Master etc.
- Contribute toward collaborative mechanisms for communication amongst peers and engineering disciplines throughout the wider group.
- Liaise with external customers including OLOs and MNOs where necessary
- Contribute positively to the overall team culture, design authority and vision
- Manage own personal development effectively.
- Coach and mentor team members and assume responsibility for lead engineer on specific engagements.
- Promote knowledge sharing amongst wider engineering teams
- Work collaboratively and encourages cross disciplinary working between teams
- Continuously look for new ideas, building on and adapting new approaches to fit the needs of the business
- Develop methods or approaches to achieve objectives more effectively and efficiently
- As member of the Tier 2 team will take on an additional leadership role as a member of the leadership team for the Managed Service Centre.
- Drive technology innovation through the provision of excellent systems monitoring and processes.
- Contribute to Continual Service Improvement both personally and as part of the wider team
- Build relationships and processes with our partners e.g. Cisco to support effective technology management within the Service Management and Assure team.
- Management of and compliance with customer service and application monitoring SLAs i.e. monitoring of service KPI in line with best practice, emerging trends etc.
- On-going development of the capability of the MSC teams skill, systems and processes.
- Support the achievement of the MSC wider strategic, financial, and operational and customer objectives.
- Maximise personal contribution to the MSC, Assure and business overall.
- Develop and lead organisational processes to industry standards e.g. ITIL, ISO27001 etc.
- Develop appropriate measurements, process control points and reports to demonstrate process compliance or highlight non-compliance e.g. Incident management success metric, Change Management success metrics, Emergency Change Management metrics etc.
- Assist in the definition of the key performance metrics for the systems and processes.
- Ensure cost efficient and professional practices prevail
- Management of incident, event and problems, including restoration, normalisation and root cause analysis etc.
- Vendor Management (such as Cisco)
- Qualifications – Business/Science Degree/Masters/MBA or equivalent Applicable Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- Minimum of 8 years experience with Cisco Professional level certifications or equivalent e.g. CCNP, CCSP etc.
- Verbal & Written articulation of complex technical solutions
- Experience of service provider or SI systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Operational activities.
- Knowledge of Fixed Line Telecommunications technology and infrastructure e.g. SIP
- Knowledge of Systems and Process in Telecommunications technology, Managed Services and infrastructure.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Alison Gleeson in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.