Senior Applications Software Support Engineer – Dublin, Ireland – Learn Cybersecurity
Award winning security software client based in Dublin requires a skilled & experienced Software Support Engineer for a unique & interesting role.
The cyber security products are used by Fortune 500 clients in multiple industries globally. This operation fosters & encourages innovation & ideas, has a hi-tech engineering culture and a warm, friendly, nice team
As a Senior Software Support Engineer, this represents an amazing career opportunity for you!
You will step into a mission critical role, where you will build trusting relationships with the customer base which consists of client software engineers & development teams.
You will create a major impact by helping shape, influence and develop the customer support function & support lifecycle.
You have a serious opportunity to step up to Lead Support Engineer as you progress in this role.
You’ll work with a group of highly skilled, highly aptitude colleagues & engineers, and you’ll learn & gain valuable insight into cyber security.
You will work in a company with a very nice & friendly team & environment, where your ideas & innovations are welcome, and you’ll get direct recognition for your work & contributions.
Needless to say, you will be working with cutting edge technologies.
In the Senior Support Engineer role you will:
- Give support on all products.
- Take care of both Pre and Post Production support.
- Understand how to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Communication with software engineers & cybersecurity within clients.
- Work on refining, innovating, developing & improving the support function.
- Provide first class service to customers & build deep relationships.
- Create support KPIs, metric and tracking systems.
Key Skills & Experience for the Senior Support Engineer:
- Proven experience within Application or Software support.
- Understanding of Java and/or scripting languages such as Bash or Python (You do not have to be a Java coder, but you should understand how Java sits within the bigger picture).
- Know tools such as Jira or Confluence or similar.
- Know how to use Zendesk or Hubspot or similar tools.
- Experience with developing, improving & scaling support.
- Understanding of how technology works at a level to allow productive conversations with engineers.
- Strong documentation ability.
- Handy with Excel or similar software.
Excellent salary up to €65,000 , bonus, health insurance, pension, share options, etc.
The client operates a hybrid remote working setup, typically 3 days work from home and 2 days work in office.
Send your CV today to Gerry Nolan at Stack and Co
No Visa No Relocation available. You must be legal with a proper Visa or EU passport to work in Ireland.