DevOps (AWS) Platform Engineer – Medical Devices – South Dublin/Remote Hybrid
Our client is a world-renowned leader in the area of medical devices and is currently expanding the Irish operation with a new state of the art facility due to open early 2022 in South Dublin.
They have engaged IT Search to speak to Senior DevOps Platform engineers to join them as they expand their deployment capability in Ireland to work as part of a global team ensuring ongoing improvement of their internal systems. The role is to work on extending automation and scalability through newly designed solutions, deploying and configuring existing and new systems across a mix of legacy on prem and new AWS cloud based deployment paths.
This is a key hire for my client and will suit a senior DevOps engineer looking to progress their career over the coming two years.
· Using IaC experience, working across platform and product teams to scale, configure and monitor
· Working across multinational teams and stakeholders to automate scaling, build techniques and delivery/deployment
· Identifying issues and potential roadblocks and documenting same
· Design and execute production testing, guiding existing teams
· 10+ years of commercial experience within a large environment, deep commitment to automation and scaling within multinational AWS deployments/migrations
· On prem and cloud experience, ideally worked across migrations in the past
· Deep Infrastructure and Platform knowledge, plus a desire to lead by example
· AWS Certification(s) welcome, additional experience across Azure/GCP is welcome
· Very strong scripting knowledge required as well as Networking exposure
· Previous background in software development will be advantageous
· Exceptional communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to a non technical audience
· Mentoring or informal management of more junior team members
To learn more about the role and employer, please forward your CV stating required salary and availability.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU.