Software Engineering Manager
My Client are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager, who will lead a cross
functional engineering team to regularly deliver features and improvements across their product
• Lead an engineering team consisting of various disciplines and experience levels.
• Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features and updates across web and
• mobile applications.
• Work closely with leadership to understand, finesse and deliver upon an agreed
• Develop a deep knowledge of our products and services, providing technical know-how
• and assistance when required.
• Attract, hire and maintain a team of inspired engineers.
• Build a dynamic and happy team by facilitating the development of new skills and
• managing their career growth and personal development.
• Work one to one with each team member to help them set and achieve goals.
• Report regularly on current progress, team achievements and potential blockers.
• Clearly communicate highly technical challenges and solutions to clients and non-technical team members.
• Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
• Drive efficiency in the team to maximise development effort and customer value.
• Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Operations and Customer Support.
• Triage issues raised by customer support, prioritising and assigning across the team as
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
• 3+ years of experience in engineering management.
• 7+ years of experience in programming and software engineering.
• Experience managing a growing team in a dynamic environment.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development environments.
• Comfortable leading from the front and directly helping the team when needed.
• Comfortable listening to multiple points of view and making appropriate decisions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
• Ability to multi-task and tackle complex problems.
• Experience in a startup environment is highly desirable.
• Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
Nice to Have
• Experience developing web and/or mobile applications.
• Experience developing a Java backend and/or a microservice architecture.
• Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)