BRIEF: Azure Team – Data & AI Pre-Sales Consultant
Codec Career Band – SENIOR CONSULTANT
CODEC have an opportunity for a Data & AI Pre-sales Consultant.
The Pre-Sales Consultant will work alongside our commercial teams to demonstrate and present the capabilities of Business Intelligence, Databases and Data warehousing to enable us to continue to develop and grow our flourishing Azure Practice. You will have key involvement in creating tenders
adhering to a very high standard.
The role requires the person to be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Working on tender responses, creating high-quality documents and ensures completed proposals meet specifications.
• Business development activities to include opportunity identification and upselling
• Work with internal teams during the pursuit phase of the client engagement towards a successful contractual agreement. Position product solutions and services to win new business and grow customer accounts.
• Provide technical pre-sales inputs for sales pursuits in conjunction with the Data & AI Technical Solution Architect, including solution designs, solution estimates, and solution demonstrations
• Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address Customer requirements with support from the Data & AI Technical Solution Architect, assesses Customers’ requirements and recommends solutions that optimise value for both the Customer and the Organisation
• Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the Customer’s Organisation
Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support
• Coordinates closely with stakeholders to align solution design with customers’ business requirements, with support from the Data & AI Technical Solution Architect
• Keeps up-to-date on the latest advances in Business Intelligence, Databases, Data Warehousing and related solutions
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Pre-Sales/Business Analyst Consultant (IT background is advantageous, but not essential)
• Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence, Databases, Data Warehousing
• Strong knowledge of the financial, sales, marketing and management processes and how they work in large companies and government organisations
Skills/ Behavioural Competencies
• Ability to engage confidently with business and IT leaders in Customer Organisations
• Engage and influence at all levels
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task within the role
• Focused on results; competitive drive and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Advanced presentation skills
• Excellent business acumen with strong analytical ability
• Adaptable to different technologies and different products
• Highly organised – maintaining multiple demo’s so they can be delivered at little notice
• Strong team player – working with implementation project teams to get tenders, presentations and demos prepared and delivered