Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Central Location, Dublin City
- Infrastructure experience with some DBA, SQL Server, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Azure PostgreSQL and MySQL
Codec are looking for a professional Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer to join our Azure Cloud Infrastructure team. The successful candidate will work on various on-prem to cloud migrations with new and existing Customers.
Codec is considered the #1 ’Full-Platform’ Partner by Microsoft Ireland, as we specialise in the full range of Microsoft solutions and we are located in Dublin City Centre.
We provide support to a range of well-known Customers across various industry sectors, and our operating hours are 08:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday.
We are always on the lookout for talented Senior technical consultants/engineers and people that wish to further develop their careers in the technology sector.
We fully encourage and support external learning, networking and events-based attendance, giving the role a lot of variety and the possibility of meeting new and interesting people.
- Working with business stakeholders including the data and design teams alongside Customers, to assist with data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases
- Optimise database security
- Review modifications to the existing data warehouse software
- Manage access to databases
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors; automate tasks where possible
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create and manage database reports, visualisations and dashboards
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- Scripting and service development for support and automation purposes using Powershell, Python, VBS and C#
- Management of business servers (Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012)
- Supporting and managing network infrastructure
- Designing analytics dashboards for integration into product portal using Power BI Embedded
- Identification and automation of manual financial and information reporting processes
- Identifying database server requirements, implementing best practices around deployment, configuration, and security
- Automating manual tasks such as deployment, configuration, ad-hoc backup and retrieval using the Azure platform and PowerShell.
- Acting as escalation point for service desk on database related issues.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools,
- Familiarity with data warehouse tools such as data factory, SSIS or similar
- Advance knowledge of database security
- Strong relational and dimensional data modelling e.g. Kimball DW/BI Lifecycle
- Experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture or a related field
- Experience with Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure cloud preferred)
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing
Excellent package including healthcare, pension and more!
You will be part of a motivated and dynamic team; you will have real influence and also help to mentor some junior members of the team.