Digital Planet is Ireland’s leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking an experienced Network Architect to join our growing team in our Cherrywood office in Dublin.
This role involves design, implementation & support of our cloud Internet, LAN & WAN infrastructure across multiple datacentres. The network architect will also be involved in the design and successful delivery of cloud network solutions for new and existing customers. The successful candidate will have ownership of all Digital Planet networks & a responsibility for developing the quality & reliability of these networks while meeting the evolving business requirements.
The successful candidate will need to work with peers from other teams to determine & implement innovative solutions to help Digital Planet’s continued expansion.
Tasks will involve:
- Be the service owner for the Internet, LAN and WAN services in the Digital Planet cloud
- Design and development of the core network across new and existing datacentres
- Responsible for the availability of the core and edge network
- Understanding customer (Internal & external) requirements to design and deliver network solutions and services
- Working as part of a team to deliver service improvement projects
- Working with vendors to learn about the latest developments in network solutions
- Developing work practices that engineers can follow to ensure service availability is maintained
- Being the technical leader of the networking team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to take ownership of major issues & follow through to resolution
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to confidently present solutions you have designed
- Ability to act as a mentor to more junior team members
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in a hands-on networking role, including switches, routers & firewalls as well as datacentre network design.
- A logical approach (backed by strong experience) to troubleshooting complex network & firewall issues
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with dynamic routing protocols including BGP & OSPF
- Experience of Cisco Nexus (L2/L3) switches, ASR routers & ASA firewalls
- Experience of Arista switches
- Experience with ASA & Palo Alto firewalls, Netscaler & F5 load balancers (physical & virtual)
- Experience in dealing with ISP’s & DDoS solutions
- Ability to design resilient, scalable & secure network solutions to meet specific requirements
- Any of the following certifications are desirable: CCIE, CCNP (Routing / Switching), CCSP, CISSP.
- Some experience with virtualisation technologies & SDN would be an advantage
- Some experience with storage networking would be an advantage
- Some experience with Azure networking
- Cisco Nexus 3K, 5K & 9K series
- Cisco ASR 1K
- VMware vSphere
- VMware NSX
- HPE Virtual Connect
- Auvik Network Monitoring
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, VMware NSX
- LB: Citrix Netscaler & F5
- L2, L3, BGP, OSPF, LISP EVPN, VXLAN, FCOE
Experience with any of the above technologies is a benefit, but not a requirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Kate Maher in Evros to discuss further.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.