Can be based anywhere in Ireland
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will join a highly skilled Platform team, working on our Digital Platform implementation projects.
* Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
* Strong JAVA development skills including J2EE technologies such as:
* JSP, JSF, JMS, JNDI
* Application servers: JBOSS, Websphere, Tomcat
* Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
* Development Tools: Apache Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion
* Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
* Experience with software engineering practices such as Object Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
* Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
* Exposure to deploying applications on Java EE applications servers (JBoss, Websphere or Tomcat)
* Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
* A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
* Fluency in verbal and written English essential
* Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
* Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
* Exposure to Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus would be an advantage
* Exposure to code analysis such as Sonar, PMD/Findbugs would be an advantage
* IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
* Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
* Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable
* Experience of working in a vendor environment with appreciation of the customer deliverables an advantage