We have an opportunity to join a company who believes people are at the heart of any organisation. Our client combines best practices, innovative software and integration technology to help retailers maximize their profits across multiple e-commerce channels. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll help create tools and utilities which empower the development teams to be as creative as possible in building out the company’s product suites.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic and for the foreseeable future all interviews will be conducted by Zoom / Virtually
Excellent Benefits: Life Insurance, Health Care & Pension
• Participate in, and work with fast paced agile development teams building software systems.
• Design and implement build and release management processes for all products in internal and external clouds.
• Collaborate with Architects, Systems and Network Engineers, Software and QA Engineers, and to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development including production releases.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of the structure and interdependencies of systems and leverage this knowledge to improve how our build and release processes allow rapidly evolve o product offerings
• Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitor builds, maintain configuration, and develop automation.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of build or deployment engineering experience
• Experience developing applications, working with databases, and SOAP/REST web service APIs
• Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
• Strong knowledge of Source Code Control Systems: Git
• Window OS proficiency, Linux proficiency a plus.
• Familiarity and experience in C# with Microsoft .Net programming technologies on Windows-based platforms (IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.)
• Experience with .NET Core
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment practices. Jenkins, Azure Devops or other CI systems a plus
• Experience with VMWare, AWS, and Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
• Superior scripting skills: Powershell, CloudFormation, NAnt
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)