Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
How can you contribute?
As a Tech Lead you will contribute to the design, development, troubleshoot, test and document database related applications. You will work closely with Business Analysts and other IT teams to estimate the complexity and the workload and choose the most appropriate technical solutions.
The function will involve knowledge of DWH concepts, Big DATA platform is added advantage, with background in .Net development. It is crucial to have strong Azure knowledge, ideally with implementation knowledge through Spark & Scala. Azure Synapse Analytics knowledge is good to have or can be considered someone who would be willing to learn it
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
You will have over 6 to 9 years overall experience developing the DB or/and .Net solutions, with BE/MCA in Computer Science, or any other degree with the right experience. With knowledge of AGILE, ATDD, TDD, UML methodologies. Distinct advantage is a knowledge of Azure Data Lake gen-V2, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics and Azure Dev-ops with CI/CD pipeline.
We are looking for a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude, with an ability to think critically. Who would enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures and who desire to learn in new areas, with a discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
In addition, your experience will include:
- Analyse data models, data relationships, and dependencies
- Build various SQL Server based solutions (Procedures, views, functions)
- Monitor data integration and reporting anomalies - make adjustments as required
- Proficient in tuning T-SQL queries to improve the database performance and availability
- Experience with Dynamic Queries in monitoring SQL Server Performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Keys
What can we offer you?
- A multicultural, friendly and collaborative work environment in a fast-growing international company
- Opportunities for growth and take that next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term engagement and career development
- Competitive salary package, bonus and benefits option (Health insurance and pension, among others)
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, Eurofins offers training opportunities to employees
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports and social activities
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.