My client has created Ireland’s best team of software developers to build the mission critical software that powers some of the world’s most successful companies. They solve their business problems through agile and cloud native software innovation. They choose us because we offer the cutting-edge talent they need to change faster, easier and more profitably; but they stay with us long term because we deliver every time.
Duties of Product Owner
• Is responsible for certain key functional areas of the product and will work with Product Stakeholders to help define business requirements, working with scrum teams to translate these to technical tasks and assist the team in the delivery of product features in a specified timeline.
• Has the decisive business input relating to what constitutes acceptable product functionality, quality and performance from a customer perspective.
• Build and refine the product backlog. Create and prioritise stories that align with the product roadmap and release goals.
• Work in sync with the Product Management team, contributing to product vision, roadmap and release planning.
• Act as a point of communication between the business and software development.
• Be a champion of user experience and define and execute user stories that ensure superior customer experience when using feature/product.
• Use agile/scrum methodologies to help drive and deliver product releases.
• Help remove any impediments that the development team face during the product life cycle.
• Provide business with updates on project status while recording and communicating any risks or issues that may impact project deadlines.
• Involvement in the project planning & support of software solution development projects through the project lifecycle.
• Assess value, develop use-cases, and prioritize stories/epics to maximize value of product strategy.
• A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT or closely related disciplines.
• In-depth knowledge of how Scrum Agile works in a software development environment.
• 3-5 years of experience in a Software Engineering or Software support role.
• Experience in Agile development (particularly Scrum) in organizing and motivating teams to succeed.
• Demonstrated experience in writing user stories, acceptance criteria and Agile software development.
• Certification or experience in areas related to Product Management, Scrum or Agile methodologies.
• Excellent communication and technical skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment with strong skill of exerting influence.
• Relevant telecommunications domain-specific experience.
• A good knowledge of high-level product and feature design.
• Very strong customer and business understanding, including the driving forces in telecommunications technology and OSS/BSS product evolution.
• Ability to make, sell, evaluate and uphold the Business Case for Backlog prioritizations.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Well-developed leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong ability to motivate teams and individuals around a common product vision and a vision of product development excellence.
• Remote working options - Flexible working options - Learning & Development support - English lessons - Employee Wellness & Wellbeing - Health Insurance - Life Assurance - Pension - and more...
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)