Dimension Network Systems is a service focused network Integrator. We have been delivering quality wired and wireless services to Irish blue-chip companies for 20 years through our small team of highly skilled and personable staff.
We are seeking to add a Network Engineer - Infrastructure to our workforce who will be principally responsible for configuration and deployment of network switches and wireless solutions to our customer base.
We are multi-vendor environment, using network, security, and WIFI equipment from vendors large and small. A knowledge of wireless technologies (802.11ac/ax) is required but further training will be given.This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their skills across a range of vendor products and solutions.
Candidates MUST have a MIMIMUM of 2 Years day to day relevant hands-on experience configuring enterprise level Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches from vendors such as Cisco, Extreme Networks and Fortinet among others.
- ·Configuring and installing various network devices and services in office and on customer sites (e.g switches, firewalls, wireless solutions)
- ·Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- ·Performing Wireless LAN Surveys
- ·Day-to-day support of our clients IT requirements
- Liaise with third-party vendors to resolve issues where necessary
Working Knowledge of the following is a requirement:
· IEEE Ethernet Routing, Switching & Wireless Technology standards with emphasis on Wireless and Data traffic, 802.1q tagging, Prioritization, loop avoidance protocols, encryption and design.
· Layer 3 routing protocols RIP, OSPF & EIGRP and network design
· IP Addressing and Subnetting, NAT, Firewalls and VPN
· Wireless Survey Process - 802.11 2.4GHz & 5GHz technologies
Key Personal Attributes
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with good attention to detail as role will be carried out onsite and at client premises.
· Willingness to take ownership of network installations.
· Ability to problem solve, see issues through to their resolution and work to prevent reoccurrence.
· Avid interest in technology.
· Enthusiasm for working in a small team environment where everybody needs to ‘dig in' and where exposure to new areas and technologies is constant.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €38,000.00 to €40,000.00 /year