We are currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer to join a well-established team in Co. Kerry. The successful candidate will play an integral part in maintaining and developing the company’s existing Automation systems. This will involve integration control systems with third-party equipment, with instrumentation and with terminal operating systems.
- Working closely with customers to identify project automation requirements.
- Differentiate between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements.
- Maintain project schedule to ensure projects are delivered within deadlines set.
- Document automation functions and present to customers.
- Design the automation support systems e.g. fibre and copper network infrastructure, PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus).
- Manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions.
- Collaborate with electrical design engineers on electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Work with software developers are aware of the software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Ensure software developers are aware of crane monitoring requirements for automation systems, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- Communicate with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- Participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
- Prepare and execute on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- A Degree in either Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in written.
- Open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control
- Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
- Project management experience (advantageous).
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.
- Real worl experience in a heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- International travel.
The salary for this role is dependent on experience with a number of great benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please feel free to apply directly below and we will contact you shortly after to discuss the role in more detail.