We are currrently partnered with a leading Irish company who we are helping find a Senior Network Admisitrator
Our oartners ICT department in Dublin provides a centralised ICT service to group companies in Europe, Africa, Middle East, China and America.
The Global ICT Infrastructure team are responsible for ensuring the highest level of performance and availability in a 24 x 7 datacentre, communications LAN / WAN monitoring, hardware and software upgrades, data and network security.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a suitable candidate to work with a broad range of technologies in a 24 x 7 environment. You will work closely with Senior Infrastructure Manager to further develop and enhance network management. The Senior Network and Administrator is responsible for the design, delivery, and maintenance of the company's network.
- Implements Networking standards across the group
- Implements best practice and standard service levels across the discipline
- Manage, maintain day to day network and security operations globally and designing new network, wireless and security solutions.
- Manage 3rd party WAN, LAN and Firewall vendors, Service, Incident and Change reviews
- Implements remote access solutions, controls and specification
- Support ICT Security team with ongoing and new security/compliance initiatives.
- Deploy and manage core network connectivity, wireless solution, firewall, security, remote access, and authentication systems.
- Designs and Maintain Global Network Standards, MPLS, P2P, SDWAN and VPNs
- Participate in compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings.
- Drive service ownership for the Network Cloud; assist in efforts to streamline problem and change management processes, improve alerting and incident handling, and increase automation.
- Security Incident Management - 2nd line response to Security Incidents. Support forensic response and problem management as required.
- Support ICT Security with regular Vulnerability assessments, risk analysis and penetration testing and advise and take remedial actions
- Technical Lead for network related project requirements
Experience and Skills
- 5-7 years professional experience managing enterprise WAN, LAN and Firewall environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field required.
- CCNP or equivalent Certification required
- Production Experience and an excellent understand or certificate with Microsoft Azure Network architecture.
- Prior experience working within a global company, working across major geographic regions is preferred
- Understanding of manufacturing industry and operating environments is advantageous
- Self-starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment, wireless protocol, experienced in wireless surveys and remedial steps.
- Experience with network sniffing, bandwidth monitoring, advanced network troubleshooting and security tools
- Excellent working knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls (IPSec-VPN & remote VPN).
- Knowledge managing IDS/IPS systems
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring / implementation of Cisco switches, Palo Alto Firewalls and Aruba WIFI.
- Demonstrated ability in solving business IT problems, excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and exceptional service orientation.
- You will hold certification in one or some of, the following or equivalent:
- CCNA, CCNP, Cloud Network, Azure, AWS, Firewall cert