Aspira is currently looking for a Group Cloud Engineer who is responsible for the public and private cloud environment of the group, supporting the company’s business objectives. The company is on a journey towards becoming an increasingly digital, data driven organization leveraging the latest application technologies to improve customer experience and drive organizational efficiencies. This is an excellent opportunity if you would like to be part of a transformation where you can make impact and actively contributing to and supporting to this journey.
In this role you will report into the Group Director IT & Operations and work in close collaboration with internal, often virtual teams, internal partners and vendors. You will be the anchor point for all cloud related topics across the company’s and the operating companies throughout Europe.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversees the application and infrastructure landscape focusing on Microsoft Azure and private cloud solutions.
- First point of contact between the vendor and the company’s IT for support and maintenance, including best of breed solutions.
- Define, set, implement and monitor the group standards and guidelines.
- Establish an Azure center of excellence across the company’s IT Team.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders as the digital and functional teams and the operational companies.
- Participate in the Data Center consolidation projects and build up the necessary knowledge to manage and support the implementation and steady state afterwards.
- Monitor the solutions in terms of performance, standards and security set up and implement a cost control mechanism to optimize the Azure environment from a cost perspective.
- Contact between vendor(s) and the internal company’s IT organization for SLA’s, change requests, maintenance and support as well as cost control.
- Participate in M&A activities from a public and private cloud perspective.
Key Functional Competencies
- Service oriented.
- Innovative, actively driving adoption of Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Hands-on with the ambition to move into a team lead role.
- A pragmatic, can-do mentality, results driven.
- Intrinsic motivation & self starter.
- Strong learning attitude.
- Collaborative, open mindset.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Embrace diversity of a multi-cultural matrix organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proven Cloud certification track records across from Azure (preferred) or AWS.
- Legacy system and application migration to cloud server infrastructure, virtualization, storage and networking.
- Working in agile environments and international cross-functional and often virtual teams.
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment, preferably within the wholesale/trading industry.
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up.
- Fluent in English and ideally in German, Dutch or French as well; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process.
- Willingness to travel.